Answered: how to register(configure) new oracle software to existing oracle databse

i have install windows server 2003 in c:drive and oracle database in D: drive
    unfortunately my operating system crashed and i re-install the operating system.
    i have no backup for the existing database is there any solution to re-install
    oracle software and configure to get up the existing previous database.

please help!

2. Best Answer
    Posted by anacedent

"run "oradim" utility"

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    Windows Server 2003 is no longer supported by Microsoft, so you're pretty much on your own in terms of support.

Depending on the details of what you've already done, it may or may not be possible to get a new install of Oracle to use the data files from before you re-installed the operating system.

If you have backups of your databases, I would use them instead of trying to recover the data. If you do not have backups, then I would engage a profesional because they'll have a much better chance of noticing details and recovering the data than what you will have working with advice from the Internet.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

my datailes,control-files and redo-log files are safe

my datailes,control-files and redo-log files are safe .

if i re-install the oracle software product then what is the configuration process to start-up the database
    means ho to register file with oracle software and oracle services with operating system.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    run "oradim" utility
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.