Answered: Invoicing System

Hi James,

1.As talk in PM, i'm searching a way to get a ''user input'' for the quantity of a product at the moment of adding the product in an m2m invoice form.

2. If i select the product added in the m2m and i correct the quantity manually: I'm getting well the result of quantity x unit price = total cost line in m2m but can't get the result of the total cost of all line of this m2m in another single field of the invoice form.

Thanks alot,
    Martin

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Tubbritt

"Hi Martin.
    Very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been rather busy the last few days.

Please see attached file and let me know is that what your looking for. I've only applied the formula to the STOTAL, but if you want I can do it to the others too.

The file is password protected because I wasn't sure you wanted other to access the file, I'll PM you the password.

I've also attached some sample images for you to see the kind of invoice system I write. The layout might give you some idea's. Sorry I had to blur out personal information, but I'm sure the images are still useful.

Kind regards
    James."

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Martin.

I'm just thinking here, since I have a copy of your database it might be easier if I just make the changes for you and you can then look at what I did. Before I can do that though, can you please explain what you want displayed in the following 4 fields you have.

STOTAL
    TPS = ?
    TVQ = ?
    TOTAL

I can safely assume the TOTAL field is simply to total cost of the complete invoice, but what are the other 3 fields for?

Kind regards
    James.

Hi James,

STOTAL = Total cost
    TPS = Canadian taxe
    TVQ= Québec province tax
    and TOTAL will be total with tax

Were getting alot of tax here lol

Thanks
    Martin

Hi Martin.
    Very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been rather busy the last few days.

Please see attached file and let me know is that what your looking for. I've only applied the formula to the STOTAL, but if you want I can do it to the others too.

The file is password protected because I wasn't sure you wanted other to access the file, I'll PM you the password.

I've also attached some sample images for you to see the kind of invoice system I write. The layout might give you some idea's. Sorry I had to blur out personal information, but I'm sure the images are still useful.

Kind regards
    James.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg   Image2.jpg   Image3.jpg   Image4.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi James,

Just looking at the Db. This is exactly what it need to be.

The other thing i would like to do is to add an ''input user'' to select quantity at the same time of selecting the product.

I know how to put the input user in the script of the button, but i can't get the quantity added to the m2m line... ???

For privacy of the db, there's no problem to share with others if this can help

Thanks alot James!!!

Martin

Hi Martin.

The other thing i would like to do is to add an ''input user'' to select quantity at the same time of selecting the product.

I know how to put the input user in the script of the button, but i can't get the quantity added to the m2m line... ???
    No problem, please see attached file.

You can see the code I added to your “Item Select” button easily, but please note that I also changed your view from “List” to “List and Form”.

This is very important. A popup window is something that stays on-top so it makes brilliant database think that the current record that is selected is always your Invoice form. Because of that you cannot set the quantity of the product form field.

By simply setting the view to “List and Form” the problem is solved and everything works.

Regards
    James.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi James,

I see what you mean. I probably did the same but in list view form and always get error. I prefere to use list view but if it the only way to go i will go like this.

Thanks a lot for your help it's so great

Martin