Provided Answers: 5

Unanswered: ADP file format and 2013

I understand that the ADP file format is no longer supported in 2013 - but does that mean the file will not even launch and work in its present state without additional modifications? And if this is bad news - I guess a could convert (manually I assume ) to an accdb file format and work out the kinks - Is this correct?
    Dale Houston, TX

Provided Answers: 59
    I think ADP will work fine in A2010, or A2010 runtime. I don't think the ADP format is supported in in 2013 on.
    So if you've got stuff that is currently working in ADP I'd leave well alone for now, but plan on converting that to a supported platform int he near future. TBH Im surprised ADP has gone so quickly. after all DAO was supposed to be phasaed out in favour of ADO dating back 15/16 years or so.

But it does mean that your user platform needs to be aware that A2010 is still required. that has impact on workstation purchasing and software configuration going forward.

Personally I'd start planning to convert those ADP applications into supported formats over the next 2..3 years or so.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 5
    That is the perfect answer - thank you
    Dale Houston, TX

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post

...I don't think the ADP format is supported in in 2013 on...
    That's correct. Here's a link to an article that covers the various changes that came to Access with version 2013. Among other things, it gives three different approaches for dealing with the absence of ADP support in this version:

Changes in Office 2013

Linq ;0)>
    Last edited by Missinglinq; 05-20-15 at 22:27.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007