Unanswered: Syntax Error (Missing Operator) in Query Expression " Vendor Name Master] = IMCE SERV

Syntax Error (Missing Operator) in Query Expression " Vendor Name Master] = IMCE SERVICES **

I need to get around this issue but i don't know how: PLease see my Dlookup formula below:

ReportingCategory: DLookUp("[Reporting Category]","TblVendorCATEGORYmaster","[Vendor Name Master] = " & [Vendor Name])

Provided Answers: 59
    if you are providing a text litteral value for soemthiugn such as this it must be delimited by a pair of ' or ". as '/ is the SQL delimter I'd suggest you use that.
    Code:
    ReportingCategory: DLookUp("[Reporting Category]","TblVendorCATEGORYmaster","[Vendor Name Master] = '" & [Vendor Name] & "'")
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    if you are providing a text litteral value for soemthiugn such as this it must be delimited by a pair of ' or ". as '/ is the SQL delimter I'd suggest you use that.
    Code:
    ReportingCategory: DLookUp("[Reporting Category]","TblVendorCATEGORYmaster","[Vendor Name Master] = '" & [Vendor Name] & "'")

OMG!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, IT WORKED!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME I WAS GOING CRAZY!!

THank you thank you thnk you.

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    Code:

I am almost done with my project and when i ran a crosstab i recieved this message :

Syntax error [Missing operator] in query expression '[Vendornamemaster] = 'LG-BEF TV'S EW2

Not this specific vendor name is in my master vendor name list but is still coming up with an Erroe on the DLOOKUP formula.

Provided Answers: 59
    so examine the values... what do you see..

...you need to escape the ' embedded in your data

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-in-access-sql offers one approach, but I think you can also use an escape character , can remember if its \ or /.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton