Answered: Importing Mass Images linked by ID number

Good morning,
    I have been researching and I cannot find any guidance on how to import mass pictures to records using a field identifier. I have File Maker Pro experience and have a database where a script automatically populates the records using the Student ID number. I have over 2500 student pictures. I have a user form that has student information and I want to link the picture to their perspective student info. Everything I have found shows a button on each record that imports that picture. That would take awhile. Can anyone guide me to a place that will show me how to do it?

So I should be able to click on button and each record is populated with the correct student picture linked by their Student ID. Hope this is possible.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by healdem

"if you store the URL to the image, or know how to regenerate the URL from soem identifier then assign that to an UNBOUND image control in the forms on current event (so that when you scroll through a recordset the iamge changes
    also place a call to the same code in the control (that stores this reference)'s BEFORE UPDATE event

so declare an unbound image control
    take note of what you call it
    then set the image's recordsource to be the URL to that image
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/285820"

Provided Answers: 59
    if you store the URL to the image, or know how to regenerate the URL from soem identifier then assign that to an UNBOUND image control in the forms on current event (so that when you scroll through a recordset the iamge changes
    also place a call to the same code in the control (that stores this reference)'s BEFORE UPDATE event

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/285820
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    if you store the URL to the image, or know how to regenerate the URL from soem identifier then assign that to an UNBOUND image control in the forms on current event (so that when you scroll through a recordset the iamge changes

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/285820
    I got it. It works. Thank you.
    Last edited by TaiChi56; 05-28-15 at 18:41. Reason: Solved