Thread: ODBC Error

Unanswered: ODBC Error

HI all I am having an issue with the odbc driver on our new LAB Wizard application, it uses sql server 2014 on the back end which is located on our server. When a user inputs a number which is an add, after the they print they get this error message concerning the ODBC driver, the programming said it has to do with how many long the characters are in each field, so I changed the nvarchar(30) to nvarchar(50) which he said to do but they are still getting that error. Anyone have any suggestions, Apparently the app writes to the database as well as a log file (text file).

Help I have no idea what the issue is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ODBCERROR.jpg  

Provided Answers: 11
    The error means that you are trying to fit too much data in a field in a table. So, you would get this, if you tried to put a 100 character string in a field defined as varchar(20). 80 characters would be dropped off, which generates the error.

That said, the programmer has sent you in the correct direction, you just need to figure out what the correct length should be, and set the column definition appropriately.

ok cool well I did that already and we still getting that message

ok so far so good there was another table that needed the datatype updated also