Unanswered: moving back tempdb to its default master device
hi guys, can anyone outline a simple steps or procedures on how to take back tempdb database to its default location master device.
currently the tempdb were altered to its own device(data and log). I'm looking to resize the tempdb space.
Follow below steps -- make sure you have backup of master database
1. Increase tempdb to 4mb on master.
2. From the master database, reconfigure Adaptive Server to allow
changes to the system catalog:
sp_configure "allow updates", 1
3. Set the first 2MB of tempdb back to data and log in case they were
set segmap = 7 where dbid = db_id('tempdb')
and lstart = 0
4. Delete all other rows belonging to tempdb from sysusages.
delete sysusages where dbid = db_id('tempdb')
and lstart != 0
5. sp_configure "allow updates", 0
6. run checkpoint and re-start the adaptive server.