Answered: Windows 10 Compatibility

Does anyone have any resources available that can point me at a Windows 10 Compatibility FAQ for DB2. I have tried searching the DB2 site and find nothing of note in this regard. I am presently running Windows 7 Pro SP1 and DB2 Express-C 10.5.4

With Windows 10 release just around the corner and the Free Upgrade plan, I am concerned that is I accept the free offer to upgrade, then DB2 may have issues thereafter.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards, Fin.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by db2mor

"Occasionally that software compatibility site shows this problem (of old versions), some failure in IBM at maintaining their sites in sync, but if you try other times, the software product compatibility report *will* show V10.5 and all its fixpacks (currently up to 5) and Windows 8.1 editions etc. It's just at least one of the servers behind the site that is not synchronising correctly, most annoying.

Whatever the cause, that is the official site for detecting support information (according to IBM) even if IBM is sometimes useless at fixing sync goof-ups."

Provided Answers: 18
    If you run DB2 databases on supported versions of Windows you would be foolish to upgrade to Windows-10 before IBM makes any announcements. Of course if it is only a personal laptop and a development DB2 then who cares if it breaks...a workaround will eventually be found one way or another.

The IBM software product compatibility report will give Win-10 support information at some point.
    http://www-969.ibm.com/software/repo...rity/index.jsp

It may be that DB2 will work fine, but I suspect IBM's paid support channel will reject PMRs relating to DB2 on Windows-10 until such time as other parts of IBM have certified DB2 products on the RTM releases of Windows-10.

Thanks for the response and no, I am not about to simply upgrade and 'see what happens'. This is a major push for MS with 10 and given that release is only 2 months or so away, I am surprised that IBM has had nothing to say regarding such is all.

The IBM software product compatibility report is woefully out of date, does not even show v10.5 (still back on v9.5) and mentions nothing of even Windows 7 Pro, so I am afraid I put little faith in that.

Thanks anyway.

Provided Answers: 18
    Occasionally that software compatibility site shows this problem (of old versions), some failure in IBM at maintaining their sites in sync, but if you try other times, the software product compatibility report *will* show V10.5 and all its fixpacks (currently up to 5) and Windows 8.1 editions etc. It's just at least one of the servers behind the site that is not synchronising correctly, most annoying.

Whatever the cause, that is the official site for detecting support information (according to IBM) even if IBM is sometimes useless at fixing sync goof-ups.