Answered: SQL1652N File I/O error occurred.

Hi,

I have installed Db2 express C on linux. When I am about to start the db2 server . It is throwing the following error.

error:
    db2 => db2start
    SQL1652N File I/O error occurred.

I tried to issue Db2iupdt instancename. Even though it is still giving the same error. I have given the full permissions .

Can someone kindly guide me how to resolve this.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by db2mor

"Do not use db2start inside the db2 CLP (as you show in your post) - this is not the correct method.
    Instead, become the instance-owner (temporarily) via sudo or su, and then at the shell command line (e.g. bash or ksh whatever you use), run db2start. On successful start of the instance, You can then return to your normal user account.
    If you run db2start the correct way and you get an error then Post what entries arrive in db2diag.log after you start the instance.
    You can configure your db2-instance to auto-start when the linux starts up (see docs - clearly explained there)."

Provided Answers: 18
    Do not use db2start inside the db2 CLP (as you show in your post) - this is not the correct method.
    Instead, become the instance-owner (temporarily) via sudo or su, and then at the shell command line (e.g. bash or ksh whatever you use), run db2start. On successful start of the instance, You can then return to your normal user account.
    If you run db2start the correct way and you get an error then Post what entries arrive in db2diag.log after you start the instance.
    You can configure your db2-instance to auto-start when the linux starts up (see docs - clearly explained there).

Thanks for the reply.
    I tried the way you specified. But after using this command only, Db2 got started.

sudo apt-get install libaio1 libaio-dev

Thanks