Provided Answers: 6

Unanswered: determining user calling proc

DB2 10.5.5 on Linux
    We have noticed frequent calls of the admin_set_intra_parallel proc in our databases and we are trying to determine the user making this call - it's possibly monitoring but don't know why. I can't find a path back from the statement hash value to a UOW and then to a user. Is it possible to do this - I would expect so. If it is, then could someone give me a pointer please.

thanks
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "

Answered my own question. A bit of lateral thinking and db2audit and I've discovered it's the DB2HMON process running under the instance id. Now I just have to find out why it's doing it!
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "

Provided Answers: 5
    that process is your health monitor. It actually runs quite a bit of activity in the background all the time.
    Dave

yep, i know that bit. just puzzled why it's calling the admin_set_intra_parallel proc
    Andy