Unanswered: How to restore my sql server database to my pc?

Dear all,

I lost my database on my pc as I format my hard drive. Now could anyone guide me how I can get a copy of my ms sql server database from my hosting to work with my local pc? I need to have a local copy so that I can develop my site without internet connection. For your information, I'm using hosting service. I have searched and tried many methods to do it, but no luck yet. For example, I created a backup on and restore backup file on my pc, but nothing happens. Then I created a new database, and re-created its structure same as the one on Hostforlife, then I used the import wizard to import data from them to my pc. Again, nothing happens.

I hope someone can give me a way of getting back my database to my pc as it's really frustrated if I don't have my database run locally on my pc. Thank you so much in advance.

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    Without more information about your problem I can't be certain about my answer, but I think that I understand your problem.

HostForLife.EU normally uses SQL Server 2014.

You can't restore a backup to an older version of Microsoft SQL Server. If your backup was created by SQL 2014, then your restore machine (your desktop) has to be SQL 2014 or later.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.