Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Help in Finding Location of Query in Script

I have several queries in a rather large program. I suspect that something is amiss with one of the queries and I am interested in finding exactly where in my script a particular query is used. Additionally, I want to ensure that all the current queries are being utilized in the script as I would like to delete all unnecessary queries. Is there a quicker method than looking at every single script in my project (which there are many!), using the 'ctrl+f' (thanks James T), and typing in the query name to find the exact location where a query is used?
    Daryl G

Provided Answers: 17
    I would imagine the best way to look for a problem in this case would be to open the Query Editor and go though the list one by one ?

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2
    I have similar questions about some of the variables that I may have used. Sometimes, I create a 'testing' variable that may be forgotten. I would like to clean things up so that only the relevant and necessary queries and variables actually appear in the scripting and looking for these 'orphan' queries and variables is practically impossible. When using Visual Basic for Application with Microsoft EXCEL, I can use the 'Find' to search for these objects in 'Current Procedure', 'Current Module', or 'Current Project'. I would absolutely love to be able to look at the whole project in Brilliant Database to find these all circumstances that particular queries are used (or, conversely, unused) and all unused variables.

I guess that I should be neater in my scripting but I am going back and forth with other projects and other applications throughout the day. It sure would be grand to be able to search ALL the scripting used in a Brilliant Database project at one time.
    Daryl G