Provided Answers: 2

Answered: Preventing Access to Script/Queries on Non-Ultimate Version of BD

I currently am using Brilliant Database Professional and have yet another question. Is it possible to prevent others from accessing the script on other versions besides Ultimate? Additionally, can anything be done with Brilliant Database Professional in regards to securing queries from modification? I am fairly certain that this is not a possibility but I wanted to check with the real BD heroes.
    Daryl G

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Tubbritt

"
    I currently am using Brilliant Database Professional and have yet another question. Is it possible to prevent others from accessing the script on other versions besides Ultimate?
    Yes, the “workplace” version does not allow access to any editor.

Additionally, can anything be done with Brilliant Database Professional in regards to securing queries from modification?
    Can't say for sure as I don't use the Pro version, but I would assume that the only people who would have access to the Editor or any Scripts would be users of the Administrator group.

So, don't give them Administrator group accounts. Create a new group that has read/write access only.

Kind regards
    James"

Provided Answers: 17
    I currently am using Brilliant Database Professional and have yet another question. Is it possible to prevent others from accessing the script on other versions besides Ultimate?
    Yes, the “workplace” version does not allow access to any editor.

Additionally, can anything be done with Brilliant Database Professional in regards to securing queries from modification?
    Can't say for sure as I don't use the Pro version, but I would assume that the only people who would have access to the Editor or any Scripts would be users of the Administrator group.

So, don't give them Administrator group accounts. Create a new group that has read/write access only.

Kind regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2
    James,
    That is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! I have never even experimenting with User Groups but after a review of the User's Guide, I have incorporated your suggestion and it does just what I was hoping to accomplish. My debt to you is increasing at an exponential rate!
    Daryl G