Job Title Oracle DBA II
Duration 5 Months (Contract-to-Hire)
Job Requirement Role Summary:
Candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of high quality data components to support the 24 x 7 payment processing platform. Systems include transaction data, reporting systems, data warehouses (both Relational and Analysis Services). Collects and studies data to reveal ways to improve a business, organization or databases and the data entered into those databases. Perform intensive analysis on data across all areas of our business, including ad-hoc data mining. Design and develop dashboards, and ensure that data is visualized and presented in a way that contributes to insights and clear communication with the business. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in database and various support tools. Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls around sensitive data.
1. Must be able to write complex SQL coding in an Oracle environment and work with very large data sets with millions of records. Curious, and passionate about using efficient tools to find patterns in the data. Use advanced analytics, data modeling and, meta-data practices to provide essential data. Able to predict the system as well as client trends and suggest / implement necessary changes.
2. Will be responsible to do database code review and provide technical support to database developers.
3. Identify and fix the performance issues in the stored procedure / queries before the production implementation.
4. Will be responsible for managing and improving the quality of data within all of the data warehousing environments. Identify data quality issues, investigate issues identified by others, research and implement solutions to correct problems (at the source where possible), Design code to correct historical data, develop alarm reports and monitoring programs, and execute data quality initiatives. Good familiarity with data quality and data analysis tools. Organize, facilitate and lead Data Quality councils on a path to specific business results.
5. Own Data Quality initiatives like data profiling, improvement, accuracy, completeness, data integrity, data stewardship, and data governance.
6. Work with business and IT partners to identify data quality issues and address them in order based upon urgency and priority. Drive improvements in the organization, processes, and use of systems and data and implementing data quality initiatives. Execute data validation, data integrity, data profiling, data auditing, and data gap analyses. Design and develop processes to validate new data and changes in processes. Strong knowledge of cross-functional business processes and their impact on data quality.
7. Document existing and potential data structures and data flow processes.
8. Ability to establish collaborative working relationships with a range of business and IT users. Own recurring reporting packages to senior leadership, global managers, and business. Design and implement data quality monitoring reports, alerts, processes and governance
9. Identifies coaching and training opportunities within the team and leads the training of less experienced data analyst to improve the overall knowledge and skillsets within the team.