Unanswered: Where db2adutl takes "Oldest log" information ?

Hello,

When we issue command:
    Code:
    db2adutl query full
      Retrieving FULL DATABASE BACKUP information.
          1 Time: 20150614030013  Oldest log: S0083293.LOG  DB Partition Number: 0    Sessions: 2
          2 Time: 20150607030006  Oldest log: S0083236.LOG  DB Partition Number: 0    Sessions: 2
          3 Time: 20150531030100  Oldest log: S0083180.LOG  DB Partition Number: 0    Sessions: 2
    Where db2adutl takes "Oldest log" log information from ?

thanks,
    Vilius M.

Provided Answers: 11
    probably from db cfg ....
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 6
    Why do you need to know? Do you not trust the db2adutl o/p?
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "

I just wanted to know chain number oldest log belongs to.
    If I search that log within "db2adutl query logs" I can get multiple logs with different chain numbers(rare event of course). And which one of these logs is my oldest log ?
    If I knew chain number I could specify that to "db2adutl query logs" and result would be single log for sure.

Vilius M.

Provided Answers: 11
    before doing any restore or other operation that create a new chain, you should save your logfiles in a different directory, so they can not be over-written by this operation
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 55
    Hello Vilius,

You can try to get a log chain of the backup image with VERIFY LFH option.
    I have no TSM to check it, but it should return the same info as db2ckbkp with -l option which does return the information on the current log chain for the backup (logChainId at the near end of the output).
    The log file itself doesn't have such an information inside. You must know what a log file chain it belongs to.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Provided Answers: 6
    or maybe you can get what you need from the sysibmadm.db_history view
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "