Unanswered: Unbound combo box used in append query

I want to append one record and populate selected fields with the result of combo boxes on a form. 1 combo box selection to "job number" field, and a second combo box to "task" field.
    Maybe I am going about this the wrong way using an append query? Executing this query results in "you are about to append 0 rows...etc."

Query design

Field: job number
    Table: tblTasks
    Append to: job number
    criteria: [forms]![frmAddSingleTask]![JOBNUMBER]

Field: task
    Table: tblTasks
    Append to: task
    criteria: [forms]![frmAddSingleTask]![addedtask]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture1.JPG   Capture3.JPG  

Provided Answers: 24
    but if you are ONLY adding these 2 items, then remove the table from the query and
    put the form items in the field names:

[forms]![frmAddSingleTask]![JOBNUMBER]
    append to
    job number

(no criteria)

Successful answer, Still need a little help.

Quote Originally Posted by ranman256 View Post
    but if you are ONLY adding these 2 items, then remove the table from the query and
    put the form items in the field names:

[forms]![frmAddSingleTask]![JOBNUMBER]
    append to
    job number

(no criteria)
    Thanks for your help. That was successful, however I now realize that I need to populate a few other fields as well with data from 2 other tables. How would I add data from the other tables in the same record? I tried and failed to get a correct result, adding the other tables and fields like normal.

Provided Answers: 24
    if you add other tables, will they need 'filtered' using form fields? Like the

table tJOBS
    field: tJOBS.[JOB]
    criteria:[forms]![frmAddSingleTask]![JOBNUMBER]

Quote Originally Posted by ranman256 View Post
    if you add other tables, will they need 'filtered' using form fields? Like the

table tJOBS
    field: tJOBS.[JOB]
    criteria:[forms]![frmAddSingleTask]![JOBNUMBER]
    Yes, there would be 3 tables involved. the table I am appending [tblTasks], the main data table [tblData], and the specific task lookup table [tblTaskLookup].
    My goal is to have a form with 2 combo boxes, one for the job number from [tblData] and another from [tblTaskLookup] for the specific task to be added to [tblTasks].
    There are other fields in [tblTaskLookup] that will need to populate like fields in [tblTasks]. The result I am looking for is to add 1 record containing the job number and the specific task
    selected on a form, with other fields in that record populated with information from the 2 other tables.

Column Widths

check column width of the combobox. if you're selecting the elements of the combox from a table or a query, you should also check column widths in property sheet.
    In your case, you want to append the appearing data on combobox to a table. so, col widths shold be set to 1.