Hello I'm Jeefro I'm a student and need some advice on an assignment. I'm not asking for the answer just a little nudge in the right direction. Any help is appreciated. Here are my directions.

Am I even close?

The MET Trucking is currently using a spreadsheets to store their operational data. They would like to move this data to a relational database. Your role is Database Technician and you report to the DBA (your Instructor).

The MET Trucking Company maintains its records on spreadsheets. They need to determine the total operational cost for each leased truck. The costs include maintenance, operational cost and purchase of fuel. They keep a record of miles per gallon by truck and type of fuel used. The trucks use E85, CNG (compressed natural gas), and diesel fuel. Each of those fuels has different costs associated with them.

Each truck has the following attributes: TruckID, TruckPurchasePrice, TruckSalesTax, TruckType, TruckModel, TruckDatePurchase,TruckESTMPG, TruckFuelType

Each time the truck is fueled the odometer reading, date, number of gallons purchased and the cost per gallon is recorded.

For each maintenance item there will be more than one maintenance line (identified by the maintenance line number) there will be a single Truck.

The TruckID will appear on the Maintenance item as well as the Maintenance date. On each maintenance line, the maintenance date, description and amount will be displayed.

The TruckID will appear on the operation Cost item as well as the operation cost date. On each operation cost line, the operation date, description and cost will be displayed

Consider a spreadsheet with the following columns; TruckID, TruckPurchasePrice, TruckSalesTax, TruckType, TruckModel, TruckDatePurchase,TruckESTMPG, TruckFuelType, MaintenanceID, MaintenanceLineNumber, MaintenanceDesc, MaintenanceDate, MaintenanceAmt, OperationCostID, OperationCostLineNumber, OperationCostDate, OperationCostAmount,FuelDate,BeginningOdometerRead ing, EndOdometerReading, NumOfGallonsPurchased, CostPerGallon.

1. List the functional, partial and transitive dependencies. Convert the following table to an equivalent collection of tables that are in 3NF.

TRUCK(TruckID, TruckPurchasePrice, TruckSalesTax, TruckType, TruckModel, TruckDatePurchase,TruckESTMPG, TruckFuelType, MaintenanceLineNumber, MaintenanceDate, MaintenanceCost, OperationCostLineNumber, OperationCostDate, OperationCostAmount, FuelDate, BeginningOdometerReading, EndOdometerReading, NumOfGallonsPurchased, CostPerGallon)

Here's what I have so far:

Table: Truck = (TruckID, TruckPurchasePrice, TruckSalesTax, TruckType, TruckModel, TruckDatePurchase,TruckESTMPG, TruckFuelType)

Table: Maintenance = (TruckID, MaintenanceID, MaintenanceLineNumber, MaintenanceDate, MaintenanceCost)

Table: Operation = (TruckID, OperID, OperationCostLineNumber, OperationCostDate, OperationCostAmount)

Table: Fuel = (TruckID, FuelID, FuelDate, BeginningOdometerReading, EndOdometerReading, NumOfGallonsPurchased, CostPerGallon)