Provided Answers: 6

Answered: Update Linked Table from Drop Down

I'm over thinking this and was hoping to get grounded a bit.

I have a 3 table join from linked tables

Contract Contract ID PK
    Contract Detail FK Vendor ID FK Contract ID
    Vendor Vendor ID PK

Contract Detail Table has two fields that need to be updated in the Contract Detail Table (Vendor ID and Contract ID)

I'll establish a drop down from the Vendor table which has a vendor name and id. The id tied to the name one to one, that is the first update to the contract detail table.

The second update will be based off of the contract ID. The Primary Key for the Contract Table.

The table getting updated is the contract detail screen.

I'm not even looking for code per say but although I wouldn't be made if someone linked or paste code. What I really am looking for is the best strategy to update this base table from the data in the other two tables when a user selects a drop down menu.

I'm would consider myself an advanced beginner at VBA and intermediate at SQL.

Access 365 and SQL Server is 2008

Thanks

2. Best Answer
    Posted by ranman256

"You said the same thing twice:
    Contract Detail Table has two fields that need to be updated in the Contract Detail Table (Vendor ID and Contract ID)
    did you mean Contract table?

Normally, the Contract ID in Contracts is build 1st. You cant assign it to anyone until the contract is signed. (stored)
    Then you can enter details.

ContractDetail gets its data from a subform , after user entered CONTRACT ID."

Provided Answers: 24
    You said the same thing twice:
    did you mean Contract table?

Normally, the Contract ID in Contracts is build 1st. You cant assign it to anyone until the contract is signed. (stored)
    Then you can enter details.

ContractDetail gets its data from a subform , after user entered CONTRACT ID.