Unanswered: Oracle Create a Flag/Dependency

Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance as I wasn't able to get any info from our database people. In short, we have information stored on ORACLE. We will receive a text file to start the process, once that is received a bat file sweeps it into ORACLE (generic description).

We have several separate files that follow this protocol and I was wondering if I could somehow have ORACLE leave a touchfile or something that I can use to trigger another process in Control M to run.

I hope this makes sense to someone, if not I can try to elaborate more, but didn't want to write a long write up that people had to read.

Thank you.

Jason

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    UTL_FILE can create/write a file onto DB Server's file system.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nielsbore View Post
    Hello,

. . . e t c . . . We will receive a text file to start the process, once that is received a bat file sweeps it into ORACLE (generic description).

We have several separate files that follow this protocol and I was wondering if I could somehow have ORACLE leave a touchfile or something that I can use to trigger another process in Control M to run.

. . . e t c . . .Jason
    Some Alternatives:
    1) Use the bat script that "sweeps" (what is this?) the file into Oracle to create the touchfile.
    2) Code a trigger on the table where the file is swept into and create the touchfile using UTL_FILE (as anacedent suggest)

PS: My suggestion is you learn Oracle'ese to communicate correctly.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb