Post Unanswered: Importing data in to another database tables with different table definition

Hi,

I am having two db2 database of 9.7 Version, fix-pack 3,edition is ESE and Operating system is Linux( 5.4 Tikanga).

During the application upgrade on the DR system the structure of the database tables on the secondary database changed. Now I would like to sync the data between primary and secondary databases.

I would like to inform that the tables definitions on the secondary data have new columns as well as some of the old columns. Also some of the columns missing in the secondary database tables.

So kindly help in this aspect how to sync the data..

Regards,
    Santosh

Provided Answers: 5
    How were you syncing the tables before the update?

Andy

Provided Answers: 6
    I was also puzzled by this. It seems to me to be a strange DR approach where you are making changes ahead of the primary server.
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "

Earlier I use to take the online backup from the primary server and restore the same on the DR database

Then restart the DR database on standby mode and start the primary database on primary. The same is followed in reverse manner also sometimes..

I forget to inform that both the databases are in HADR mode till the activity time...

Regards,
    Santosh

Provided Answers: 6
    It's definitely not the approach that I would have used. If the changes had been applied to the primary while in peer status then they would have propagated to the standby. Are you now using the 'standby' as production?
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "