Provided Answers: 1

Answered: Drop Down (Also Filtering)... Help!

Hello Guys,
    Long-time … I have been getting along well on BDB thanks to you all here until my current worry… I want a field that will behave like a drop down and also filter based on typed words to give desired option.

Example if the field can be populated with words like
    Elephant
    Eagle
    Bananas
    Fridge

Upon typing “E” you have all the words beginning E shows for you to make an option from… and as you continue to type something like “Ele” it further filters it more to give you the “Elephant” option.

I would also want to get this property in a M2M table….

Regards
    Evans

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Tubbritt

"To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible in brilliant database. It doesn't do real-time filtering. An Action can only take place once you click elsewhere or press a button.

The only function that bends those rules is a Timer, but even at that the quickest you can run a Timer is every 5 seconds so there's no point in trying to use that to fake a real-time filter as it would only update the M2M every 5 seconds.

Regards
    James"

Provided Answers: 17
    To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible in brilliant database. It doesn't do real-time filtering. An Action can only take place once you click elsewhere or press a button.

The only function that bends those rules is a Timer, but even at that the quickest you can run a Timer is every 5 seconds so there's no point in trying to use that to fake a real-time filter as it would only update the M2M every 5 seconds.

Regards
    James

you can filter a drop down. once your cursor focus is on the field using the TAB key (difficult to tell) simply type the first letter of what you're looking for. continue typing the same letter, and you will get each successive choice starting with that letter

Provided Answers: 1
    Thanks alot Guys...

i think for now i would have to settle for Donaldp's suggested way of filtering...

Regards
    Evans