Question Unanswered: Question on Package Cache

Dear All,

I have been doing load testing on our production server(yet to go live). During this process, I record a search operation in the browser through a tool. Then with the help of the tool, I start 100 concurrent searches. The connections to the db manager increases by 100, but the number of connections executing in the db manager doesn't increase that much.

What might be the reason of all those connections doesn't execute? There is no deadlock on the table that search is issued against. The CPU usage shows a slight increase but not by much. Is DB2 catalog cache the reason for this? The SQL statement is cached and will the result be shared by multiple agents without individual execution?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
    Vaisakh Gopal

Provided Answers: 11
    best would be to logon in the server - monitor applications/agents
    check the status : executing/waiting/Lock...
    if nothing is happening over there : the as or middleware is handling communications to DB2....
    are concurrent searches similar ? as pages are in BP.. exec time is short..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi Przytula,

I already checked the executing applications. The number is very less, say maximum 10 at time.

And yes, the concurrent searches are exactly the same.

Thanks and Regards,
    Vaisakh Gopal

Provided Answers: 18
    When asking for help, give relevant facts...DB2 server+fixpack+edition-name, operating-system on which the DB2-server runs.
    Is WLM active on the DB2-Server either in DB2 or in the operating system?
    How many CPUs are allocated to DB2 on the server according to the licence?
    Is the server virtualised?