Unanswered: Automatic full/incremental backup from Prod to dev

We have full online backup on Sunday and incremental daily backup the rest of the week on our production (db2 10.5 linux).
    How can I automatically restore production's backup every day to development database? (let say we want to have another copy of prod in dev)
    As far as I know, database should be set to read-only mode to enable incremental backup to be restored every day.
    (db2 set write suspend for database)

How can I find last incremental backup form Prod server and restore to Dev database (preferably as a cron job)?

I expected to find a command to automate following action:
    db2 restore db db2 incremental automatic taken at <timestamp>

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    As with many questions like this, the answer depends on things that you haven't mentioned.

1. Can you develop in a read-only environment?
    2. Can you keep multiple backup files online?
    3. How do you envision handling objects created/changed within the database?

It will take a fair bit of insight to give you a correct and useful answer.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Canberra, Australia
    Provided Answers: 6
    db2 set write suspend for database ? Are you backing up with snapshots, TSM or to disk?
    Disk: Is the prod backup on a shared filesystem?
    TSM : is cross node recovery set up?
    Snapshot: what snapshot mechanism is used?

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "

Provided Answers: 11
    yes automatic restore is possible : recover
    have a look at
    backup files should be available at recovery location, also for logfiles if rollforward is needed
    otherwise rollforward to end of backup - after extracting the logfiles from backup
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Thanks Guy,

What is difference between recover and restore? Is history file different from log file?