Answered: archecker without a schema?

Hello,

I have an theoretical question about archecker, but I am sure there are people our there facing
    similar issues.

In the case a table dropped accidentally, you require archecker to specify its exact DDL schema in order to restore it from a backup. The problem is, you still have to rely on a DBA who does his work. Dropping a table would normally require DBA rights.

What if the DDL is not available any more due to data loss or because it was altered without
    dumping the schema beforehand? Is there maybe a way to extract the DDL in any way from the backup without having to apply it to another instance ? Can you use archecker even if the exact table definition is unknown?

Greetings,
    wowbagger_771

2. Best Answer
    Posted by begooden-it

"Hi,

I didn't try this one, but how about using archecker to download the systables and syscolumns tables from your valid backup , then reconstitute the table schema. This may be hard to do for many tables, but just for one table might save your butt.

And yes, keeping a dbschema of all your db's and also dbschema -c may be a good thing to do at backup time in the future

BR

Eric"

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi,

I didn't try this one, but how about using archecker to download the systables and syscolumns tables from your valid backup , then reconstitute the table schema. This may be hard to do for many tables, but just for one table might save your butt.

And yes, keeping a dbschema of all your db's and also dbschema -c may be a good thing to do at backup time in the future

BR

Eric

OK,

thanks for the answer.