Thread: SQL replication

Unanswered: SQL replication

Environment - DB2 UDB V10.1 FP4 on AIX
    Single partitioned

We have a SQL replication set up in one of our databases that was running on DB2 UDB V9.5 FP10. The database and SQL replication was recently upgraded to DB2 V10.1. After upgrade we are noticing that a complete row is getting replicated to the target even if we are only updating a single column in the primary.

In this replication source/capture is on UDB and the target/applier is on mainframes [Z/OS]

For example our primary table is like below

Name ID Dept
    John 1 Mechanical
    Mark 2 Electrical

Target table is like below

Name ID Dept
    John 21 Mechanical
    Mark 22 Electrical

Now I am updating the primary table so that the department of Mark changes to Electrical [update tableone set DEPT='ELECTRICAL' where ID =1 ]. After I do this below is what I see in primary and target tables

Primary
    Name ID Dept
    John 1 Electrical
    Mark 2 Electrical

Target table is like below

Name ID Dept
    John 1 Electrical
    Mark 22 Electrical

If you notice, even the ID is changed on the target when I only updated Dept in the primary. Entire row is being copied over to the target. How do we avoid this behaviour of replication ? Is there any setting in capture parameters that prevents from this to happen ?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 11
    i think this is always the case.. if you activate the trace in apply you can see the update statement
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be