Exploring new career options? Join @BAESystems Online Career Event!
Junior BI Developer
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Business Unit: Maritime Submarines
Job Reference: 31761
Expiry Date: 24th July 2015
BAE Systems Maritime Services delivers end to end support to over 50 per cent of the Royal Navy's Surface Fleet. Our services include ship upgrades, repairs, dockyard facilities management and provision of combat systems training. The goal of the growing IKM (Information Knowledge Management ) team is to drive business value through better exploitation of information and data.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around and offer significant opportunities committed employees to learn and grow with us. Join us and you'll be part a developing team focused on driving intelligent data to both the business and the customer. This role would suit someone who is looking to get their foot into the door of a large organisation that has a structured career path and excellent opportunities.
Your main responsibilities as a Junior BI Developer:
• To support the IKM Business Intelligence Team in helping to develop business Reports and Dashboards
• As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will be expected to support the development of client solutions, involving the analysis of business requirements through to design, build and test.
• The role is expected to help identify and develop new solutions to automate and streamline existing data integration processes to ensure the efficient and effective use of data across the organisation.
Your skills and qualifications as a Junior BI Developer must include:
• BI Report & Dashboard experience including designing, building and supporting BI solutions.
• Experience of working with ETL tools.
• Oracle / SQL experience.
• Dimensional Data Modelling.
Your skills and qualifications as a Junior BI Developer will ideally include:
• Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
• Good database/data warehouse knowledge (ideally Oracle)
• Ability to design and build solutions that meet business goals and objectives
This is a full time role and will be based in Portsmouth - Hampshire and is an excellent opportunity for someone to start their career in Business Intelligence
For this role, we are offering £30k + benefits and excellent training opportunities
BAE Systems aim to recruit the very best talent and welcomes applications from a diverse range of people, from all backgrounds and with many different skills, experience and perspectives.