Unanswered: USEREXIT program location?

Looking for help on USEREXIT.

DB2: 10.5 Fix Pack 3

I was asked to build a DB2 server for testing purpose and it needs to have the same settings as the production server database (which was not built by me). From DB CFG, it shows the database's LOGARCHMETH1 is configured to USEREXIT (Yes I know this is supposed to be deprecated, but I checked that it can still be configured to USEREXIT in 10.5, and it is a requirement for this setting to be identical).

According to the information I got, it needs to be executable, named "db2uext2" (or "db2uext2.exe" in Windows?) and placed in SQLLIB\bin folder.

And the problem is, I could not find such file located in that path. But db2diag.log shows that archive to USEREXIT is successful.

Could somebody advise if this USEREXIT program name / location is configurable? Or any other possibility caused this?

Provided Answers: 17
    The user exit is deprecated because it is no longer requred as it has been replaced by LOGARCHMETH1 settings like DISK:/..., TSM, VENDOR... etc.
    The idea of a user exit was that it was written by a user (a company that uses DB2) so IBM does not supply it, although IBM supplied example source code (in the 'C' language) for use as a template if you did want to write one yourself.

If you company has an antique user exit (dating from DB2 v7 or V8 etc) then you might find the binary in the SQLLIB\FUNCTION location on your production environment - just search for db2ext*.exe on your production environment.

Most likely however, a compentent DBA will successfully prove it is redundant and better options exist - but you can never tell until you know the exact functionality of a custom user exit. Additionally the bitness of the userexit must match the DB2 bitness of course.