Provided Answers: 6

Answered: Assistance with a combo box selecting records in a form

I am using office 365 access

I have 3 tables pulled into ms access through connection manager.

I have one primary table, which is an attribute table. I pulled in all the fields from the attribute table which works fine. However I created a query in access to tied contract id and supplier name into a combo box these are from another table. However I am having trouble tying it to the records so when you select the drop down it pulls the associated record. If you use the navigation buttons the combo box follows the rest of the record and if you duplicate the record it pulls in the PK from the contract table and the supplier name.

However the combo box is not moving the records it just sits there after selection. Thoughts on typing the query / combo box to the rest of the record so it will select through the records?

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

Thanks!

The combo box I created

Has a control source on it Contract ID and the row source is SQL pulling in the supplier and the contract id.
    Last edited by VLOOKUP; 07-17-15 at 10:02.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by VLOOKUP

"The combo box I created

Has a control source on it Contract ID and the row source is SQL pulling in the supplier and the contract id."

The combo box I created

Has a control source on it Contract ID and the row source is SQL pulling in the supplier and the contract id.

Solved this

Created a string variable, then set the variable to my form and then added my search box [Field1] = & myFilter.

My boss showed me this trick worked well!