Answered: Licensing: Anyone using BLU on WSE >FP5?

Hey all,

I've been reading the IBM sales info and can't seem to get a difinitive answer on this so I was just wondering if anyone is using or has found out if BLU for WSE using FP5 or later a separately priced option or is it now included in WSE?

Thanks!

2. Best Answer
    Posted by mark.b

"
    Quote Originally Posted by meehange View Post
    I'm looking for Australian pricing but that tells me where/how to look
    AUS list prices for WSE
    I just amended 3-letter country code from USA to AUS in the URL (country=AUS)."

Provided Answers: 6
    have a look at this (you may have already)
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowle.../r0053238.html
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "

Quote Originally Posted by tafster View Post
    have a look at this (you may have already)
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowle.../r0053238.html
    Hey Andy,

Yea I saw that one - in typical clear as mud IBM licensing info style it says:
    In DB2 Version 10.5 Fix Pack 5 and later fix packs, this functionality is available with the DB2 offering listed. In addition to applying the base license certificate file for the DB2 database product edition, also apply the license certificate file for the offering. For details about the functionality available with each DB2 offering, see DB2 database product editions and DB2 offerings.
    Now to me that sounds like I might need to buy an additional licence but it's by no means clear... I can get this infor from our account manager via our procurement guys but that will literally take weeks :/

So I was hoping someone here already knew :P
    Last edited by meehange; 07-22-15 at 01:21.

I agree about it being confusing - all of db2 licencing is confusing!
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "

OK I've found this German site - it seems to indicate that each item is a bolt on and I'm guessing the prices will be roughly inline (as a percentage at least) of our local pricing. Probably not particularly acurate but gives me a ballpark to work with at least...

http://www.cursor-distribution.de/en...b2-price-lists

Maybe it's worth going up to AWSE
    Andy

Provided Answers: 55
    Yea I saw that one - in typical clear as mud IBM licensing info style it says:
    Quote Originally Posted by db2 doc
    In DB2 Version 10.5 Fix Pack 5 and later fix packs, this functionality is available with the DB2 offering listed. In addition to applying the base license certificate file for the DB2 database product edition, also apply the license certificate file for the offering. For details about the functionality available with each DB2 offering, see DB2 database product editions and DB2 offerings.
    Now to me that sounds like I might need to buy an additional licence but it's by no means clear... I can get this infor from our account manager via our procurement guys but that will literally take weeks :/
    Hi,

I'm curious what can be unclear here. "Offering" == additional functionality. All offerings are payable.
    US list prices for WSE.
    You have to buy BLU license of the same type (User, Socket or PVU) as you have for a base product (WSE).
    Regards,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.b View Post
    Hi,

I'm curious what can be unclear here. "Offering" == additional functionality. All offerings are payable.
    US list prices for WSE.
    You have to buy BLU license of the same type (User, Socket or PVU) as you have for a base product (WSE).
    Hey Mark - I guess (even though I worked for IBM for 8 years) I'm perhaps not used to the language. We were told originally that the only way we could get these offering was to move to AWSE which is not ideal for us.. in the past IBM has moved offerings from free to fee (hello MQTs) in different versions so I guess that made me unsure without seeing it explicitly in black and white.

Thanks for the link, that's great! I'm looking for Australian pricing but that tells me where/how to look

This means I can go ahead with 10.5 without having to wait for management to decide if they want to pay for BLU.

Provided Answers: 55
    I'm looking for Australian pricing but that tells me where/how to look
    AUS list prices for WSE
    I just amended 3-letter country code from USA to AUS in the URL (country=AUS).
    Regards,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.b View Post
    AUS list prices for WSE
    I just amended 3-letter country code from USA to AUS in the URL (country=AUS).
    hehe yep I did the same ... Now I just have to find the download on PAO for 10.5 (incl FP5) for Linux - All the freaking links are dead :/

http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixce...n%20Management
    Last edited by meehange; 07-23-15 at 21:40.