Unanswered: Failarchpath vs TSM

Hi all,

Db2 logging to TSM was interruppted by maintenance being performed on the TSM server.

Once maintenance was finished the TSM team restarted the TSM server dince then all archive logging has failed over to the failover drive location.

The only way i know to get DB2 to see the TSM server again is to restart the DB.

However in a production environment is nit always possible.

Is there a method to use to kick start thr logging from db2 back to TSM without restart of the db2 database.

Thanks in advance.

DB2_NEWB101

Provided Answers: 11
    we are using db2 and tsm also. we do not have this problem you describe. whenever tsm comes back, db2 discovers this automatically and start shipping from failarchpath
    I believe there is a setting of number of retries and the interval in db cfg
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

I used to see some weird stuff like this at an old site from time to time.

We found that setting the logging db configs again seemed to kickstart it... so even though when you get db cfg they all look right - if you set them to what they are already set to it restarted normal behavior