Unanswered: delete old backup

Hello, i have an issue to delete old backup files and this should work regularly. How to do this? I'm on Sql Server 2008r2 Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 6
    is something broken or are you getting an error or do you just not know how to do it?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Thanks for reply. No, nothing is broken. Just do not know how to do it...

Provided Answers: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsondav8 View Post
    Thanks for reply. No, nothing is broken. Just do not know how to do it...
    It all depends on how you are doing your backups I am afraid, and I am hesitant to give you any advice that might endanger your disaster recovery plan without a lot more detail. Have you read the appropriate articles in SQL Server Books Online regarding BACKUP and RESTORE and disaster recovery?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.