Devart announced a new release of dbForge SQL Complete, an IntelliSense add-in for SQL Server Management Studio. Version 5.0 has the following new features:
- UPDATE Statement Expansion. This feature allows to expand the UPDATE statement to a full code template on pressing the Tab key.
- New Snippets. The new version comes with new code templates for BEGIN TRANSACTION and ROLLBACK TRANSACTION statements.
- Custom Alias Mapping. This feature allows to assign individual names to tables, views, table-valued functions, or synonyms referenced to in an SQL document.
- Code Highlighting. This feature highlights both the opening and closing code elements to visually define separate code blocks and determine mismatched or misspelled paired code elements.
- SQL Refactoring. The Rename feature allows to changes all occurrences of variable names and object names without breaking dependencies.
- Semicolon Insertion. This feature allows to automatically insert missing semicolons after each statement in a query.
- SSDT Projects. SQL Complete is now available in SSDT SQL Server projects.
dbForge SQL Complete is a useful add-in for SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio. Free and paid editions of the tool offer the powerful autocompletion and formatting of T-SQL code that replaces native Microsoft T-SQL Intellisense.