Thread: A little help

Exclamation Unanswered: A little help

So a friend of mine asked me to design/setup a database for her boss. A company that does foreclosure rescue and loan mdification. Now i vaguely remember going over databases in my classes ]. But since i graduated i havent had to deal with them. So if someone could help me out a little bit as far as how should the db handle private customer information (banking info,ss#) i would really appreciate it

Provided Answers: 1

Talk to a lawyer before you got to jail

how should the db handle private customer information (banking info,ss#)
    the short answer in to encrypt the database. But talk to the lawyer or accountants involved.

Each industry has different requirements and we live in a world where ROI now means "Risk of Incarceration" ;

Roi

Yes im very aware of this risk of incarceration you speak of. and forgive me if this is a stupid question, but when you say talk to the lawyers involved you would be referring to the clients of this company correct?

Provided Answers: 1
    Yes, but if the job looks "problematic" I carry $1 million in liability insurance and talk to Gail, my personal attorney who used bye a DBA

OK yea that's something I don't have liability insurance,i do have a s.p. license but I need to look into the insurance thing. I just had another customer ask me to build a bd for invoicing and tracking too so I need to refresh my self on this topic.