Question Pdf form output to Data-base

I recently created some forms with Adobe Acrobat, and was quite surprised to see that each field in the form has its own unique label, as if it were all ready to be sent to a data-base!

Does any one know whether field entries in Adobe can be intercepted or captured, to be sent to an actual data-base? And where to go for the details of how to do this?

To whom should I address this question?

I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Pipe form inputs directly to text-based file

Dear Healdem,
    Thanks for the links they will add to my education; I'd like to refine my idea.
    I noticed that the form fields I created each had a unique label, just as every field in a data-base (Access in my case) has a unique label. Would I not expect to treat the inputs to each field in the Pdf form just as I would an entry to a data base, by piping the data directly into - in the simple case - a csv file?
    Most of the explanations I am getting on the internet assume that I have a Pdf document and I just want to convert it, or strip it, which may or may not work since my data is captured in form fields. I actually want to lose everything on the form except the contents of the fields.
    This may seem esoteric but I'm not in a crushing hurry and can spend a little time figuring this out.
    CEDOUser

Im not aware of any off the shelf tool that will read an Acrobat PDF document and insert the data into a table. Thats not to say such a tool doesn't exist, just Ive not come accross it (AND I haven't looked for one).
    But a PDF is a file, the specification for a PDF is well enought documented, so if there isn;t a readily available tool it shoudl be easy enough to write a VBA process which parsed a PDF document and extracted what you wanted and stuffed that data into a table.

is it easy or straightforward, possibly not. depends on your experience, your backgroundm your experience, and perhaps just as important your willingness to dip your toes into VBA. on the face of it there is nothing especailly complicated about the process. its:-
    specify the file
    open it
    read through the file
    look for the start of user data tag
    read the data, look for the end of data tag
    store tag
    at end of document stuff data into relevant table(s), having performed what ever validation is required
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

pdf piped to table

Thanks Healdem
    You've given me a strategy and an indication of the difficulty of what I have in mind. Since no one is demanding that I do this, I can learn at my own pace. I think my next move is to learn more about coding in VBA and find the specifications for the Pdf file. While I get the outline of your procedure, I need to learn from scratch how to program in VBA.
    Stephen