Provided Answers: 1

Answered: Importing Database with NULL Contents

I'm familiar with querying SQL databases, but I've never tried managing databases. I've successfully imported a few INNODB database files using MySQL Workbench with no issues and I'm able to query them. However, I have one databae that imports with no errors, but all of the rows are NULL. I've checked and the import created a ibd file in the C:\ProgramData\mySQL directory with a size that is similar to the exported database. Also, the table shows all of the correct columns when I view the table's structure. Any idea why all of the table's contents are getting lost or seem to be hidden?

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Dinglestains

"
    Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    wrong datatype, or wrong size column
    could be a character set issue...do y6ou get an error message when importing
    I didn't get any errors during my import, but I finally solved the problem last night. I read somewhere that I could speed up the process by disabling autocommit before I started testing the imports. I'm not sure I understand what this setting does, but enabling it and then importing fixed the problem."

Provided Answers: 59
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    I didn't get any errors during my import, but I finally solved the problem last night. I read somewhere that I could speed up the process by disabling autocommit before I started testing the imports. I'm not sure I understand what this setting does, but enabling it and then importing fixed the problem.