Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Report Style Help Needed

Hello Guys i trust we all doing well. I am trying to create a report style and dont really know how to go about it. it is suppose to be a summary of all products purchased. so each record has a product name and the amount it was sold for. the report is so suppose to give how many of each product was sold and the total amount sold for same product... (this is to be done for all products)

Eg. this is how the report is to look like

Product Quantity Sold Total Amount

Orange 3 $7.5

the list continues

Please see the attached file

Report.zip

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 24
    build a query to pull all the data you need.
    run the report wizard on this query, it will ask you how to view the data.
    save

Provided Answers: 2
    Java7,
    Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to your question but I am somewhat relieved to see that I am not the only one who has questions (and, in my case, MUCH confusion) about the report function. I find it exceedingly difficult to get the information from the screen on to the report. The usage of variables appears to be 'hit or miss' with no consistent reasoning applied. I absolutely dread the times when I have to add a new report style in order to print a new report - it is certainly not user friendly.
    Daryl G

GoodDay.... Thanks alot guys for the reply..
    @ranman256... pls can you make a example of your idea in a file form. it will really help.

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 17
    See attached.
    Does that help?

Regards
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good Day,

sorry for the late in reply. I was very much engaged that's for my absence. Exactly the report style I want. However I will be using a query to search for the data in the folder by date (field yet to be created tho). so in short the "Units Sold" field should be automatically generated based on the date range selected and the type of product selected.

actually you thought me how to include the scripts for searching for the products by date range some time ago....that's why I didn't include it in my example.

Regards
    Evans