Recommended DB Software

Hello,

I wasn’t sure where to post this question, so I’m starting in the New Members & Introductions section. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I work for a manufacturing company and for each of our products we publish an “Engineering Reference Sheet” that contains the technical data associated with each product (see http://www.hillphoenix.com/display-c...ing-reference/). These sheets are currently created with Indesign and the data is not housed in a database of any kind. This causes some problems as the data needs to be called upon by other programs.

I am hoping to find a software tool that can store all of this data in a database as well as be used to create pdf files that look like the reference sheets shown in the link above (sort of a combination of Access and Indesign). Does anyone know of such a tool, or could possibly point me in the right direction?

Thanks again!

Bill E.

Nearly all of the desktop database packages can do a pretty decent job of creating a "work alike" for any design, and many of them can match your existing design pretty closely using their reporting modules if your reporting person will take the time to learn how to use them.

Does your business have a standard database package now, or are you starting from scratch?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.