Provided Answers: 5

Answered: Programatically saving an MDB file to accdb (2010 or 2013) after I have it open in c

Programatically saving an MDB file to accdb (2010 or 2013) after I have it open in code

Thanks to Sinndho I have been able to write a nice snippet that looks at many data bases in a folder , records their references , records the bad references, unchecks the bad references and saves all of that information.

once I have the data base open programmatically how can I save it to the latest version of Access?

Thank you in advance.
    Dale Houston, TX

2. Best Answer
    Posted by axsprog

"Looked long and hard - did not even know this was an available function and method.

here is a generic Snipett
    dim strFileSource as string, strDestinationforFile as string

strFileSource = "C:\SomeFolder\test.MDB"
    strDestinationforFile = "C:\SomeotherFolder\test.accdb"

Call Application.ConvertAccessProject(strFileSource, strDestinationForFile, AcFileFormat.acFileformatAccess2007)"

Provided Answers: 59
    Not sure if you can outside of Access itself short of creating an new db in the required format and then copying all objects into that new db. But what you wont get is any 'handholding' on differences between mdb and accdb.

Anither approach may be to invoke a copy of ms access and dothe process in access
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

that's what I meant in vba from an access application I have code that is opening the file and checking the references but instead of just closing the file at the end of the code I need to save the mdb's as accdb format.

I couldn't edit my thread title and ran out of room at the letter "C" I meant for it to say code as in VBA code.

Does this clarify that ? LOL
    Dale Houston, TX

Provided Answers: 59
    dunno if you can, but you should be able to drve the file save dialog and set the file type as ACCDB
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

resolved

Looked long and hard - did not even know this was an available function and method.

here is a generic Snipett
    dim strFileSource as string, strDestinationforFile as string

strFileSource = "C:\SomeFolder\test.MDB"
    strDestinationforFile = "C:\SomeotherFolder\test.accdb"

Call Application.ConvertAccessProject(strFileSource, strDestinationForFile, AcFileFormat.acFileformatAccess2007)
    Dale Houston, TX