Thread: Azure SQL

Unanswered: Azure SQL

Hello Folks:

OK - I've used SQL server (as a backend to MS Access) for quite some time now.

I'm thinking of testing the waters of Azure SQL. A few questions:

1. Can I create, edit, work with table relationships using the SSMS GUI? If SSMS can't be used as a GUI, what tools does Microsoft provide?
    2. Have you worked in Azure? If so, what are your thoughts, suggestions, and/or concerns?

Thanks Much:

on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6
    I have not used azure but everything that can be done by way of the gui can be done in T-SQL. You become a better developer or DBA scripting everything anyways. That way you can automate things you would rather be clicking around a screen repeatedly for. One of my first database gigs I had a few servers in Hong Kong that I regularly had to manage over 56kb dial up. In that scenario, there is no way to remote desktop. No way to open the gui tools. Everthing had to be done by batch file and the predecessor to SQLCMD. It made me a stronger DBA.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.