Thread: Nobody Home.

Provided Answers: 17

Unanswered: Nobody Home.

For over a week now I've been trying to get in contact with Brilliant Database. I've used the Web form and sent emails directly to two addresses I have, twice.

No reply, as usual.

How can I have any faith in the future of this awesome software when nobody is even bothered to answer a question regarding purchasing many licences.

Frustrated.
    James.

Provided Answers: 2
    James,
    I was attempting to contact ANYONE at Brilliant Database about a year and a half ago. After a plethora of E-mails to Brilliant Database I never received an acknowledgement or reply - this went on for more than a month. Since my options were very limited and time was running short I tried sending an E-mail to the Binary Brilliant website (http://www.binarybrilliant.com/). Mikhail responded that day.

The difficulty that we are experiencing should not be occurring and this is especially true for you because James Tubbritt has done an incredible job in assisting this community with this program. You have certainly been a catalyst in many of the purchases of this software.... heck, Mikhail should have you listed on his 'favorites'!. There are apparently still some major problems with their servers
    Daryl G

Hi Daryl.

Don't mind me, just a moment of frustration. It just really annoys me that such powerful software has no administration behind it to back it up, especially when I have a sales question regarding buying many licences.

Just as well I never need tech support for help, ever.

Regards
    James

Hi Daryl and James,

For many years I have had purchised the Brilliant Database's software since version 4.5 that I paid U$500.00 for SDK toolkit (like a ultimate edition).
    It is not a frustration; I just give up.
    Yes, I give up to keep my software outdated on Internet with so many bugs that I can't handle anymore.
    So many nigths... So many weekeds without my family or my friends on non virtual reality.
    Believe or not, that decision makes me feel good.
    Today Semptember 7 is an Independecy Day in my Country.
    Today is new day for me.
    Today, I going to do another thing... I don't no what, but not PC programming or something like that.
    Bye bye BBD.

Thank you for all.
    Best wishes,
    Christian

Provided Answers: 54
    Christian: If that is the right choice for you, then so be it but keep in mind that Brilliant Database is an edge case. It is a great piece of software with no organization to sell and support it.

If your interest returns to the idea of helping people via computers, keep in mind that there are many other comparable tools with great support. These tools are different than Brilliant Database, but in the long run they are more productive because they have support.

Whatever you're looking for, I hope that you find it!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    Christian: If that is the right choice for you, then so be it but keep in mind that Brilliant Database is an edge case. It is a great piece of software with no organization to sell and support it.

If your interest returns to the idea of helping people via computers, keep in mind that there are many other comparable tools with great support. These tools are different than Brilliant Database, but in the long run they are more productive because they have support.

Whatever you're looking for, I hope that you find it!

-PatP
    I can fully understand Chistian.
    Yes, there are many other programming tools around this world. Some a good for fast development, some are not.

Using Brilliant Database inside a company without manufacturer support and only with a forum support could be possible. But selling applications with this situation is risky. You have a liability situation against third parties. Who can help if your customer is loosing important information like production plans, medical information from patients etc.? Will you take this risk on your own?

BDB uses an inhouse Database without the fallback option to use other database tools for repair or extraction if needed.

Other programming solutions are not so fast as BDB with his functions. The redistribution is easy, the agreement suitable. The only possible competitor to BDB in my eyes is MyVisualDatabase, but you need to write much more code.

So many other companies who are also selling database applications. Only the price count these days at many/most customers (Old customers maybe not, but how to get new customers is the key question). Complete visual programming safes time. Writing code inhouse is not the question, because it is inhouse and you don't need to calculate a reliable sales price where you can sell your work or do individual programming. There are to much companies who are using programmers in cheap payroll countries and you have to competite their prices.

Should you use a riskfull environement?
    Should you use a slow environement which results in a price increase for your work because you need more time?
    Should you tell your customer you are more expensive but better in quality, where not much are interested in this argument because of liability regulations?

Better to step in another business as to feed a dead horse with golden nuggets to get sh..... at the other end.

In fact, BDB should discuss about a buyout/selling of the sourcecode or releasing it to the public and sell only support for the unchanged version. How trustworth could be a company who is not keeping timelines and make big mistakes in calculating them?

My 2cents about BDB.

I give up hoping for any reply.
    4 Emails, 1 Web Form Submit, a direct reply to his official thread, and a direct PM.

No response... zip, nothing, not even an auto reply.

So sad.

Provided Answers: 59
    the user BrilliantDatabase has only ever been on the site for a couple of days since first registering back in 2013. last post was on the 24th of April, that year. There is no way that Im aware of knowing that he has received/will receive email notifications of posts made here.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks for letting me know healdem.
    I've lost hope in expecting a reply at this point.

It's all such an odd situation. Hard to believe really. Awesome product, but zero administration behind it.

Regards
    James

I wish we could get Mikhail to name a price for selling BDB (since he seems to not be interested in it). If it was a reasonable price, we could go a GoFundMe to raise the money and release it as Open Source. Hey, I can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    I wish we could get Mikhail to name a price for selling BDB (since he seems to not be interested in it). If it was a reasonable price, we could go a GoFundMe to raise the money and release it as Open Source. Hey, I can dream, right?
    +1
    Something needs to happen at this point.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello all
    Have not used BD for some months now but still take an interest in what is happening on the forum. Regarding the sad state of Mikhail and Brilliant database I can't believe that the poor communication is voluntary. There has to be an issue like ill health, legal commitments to other projects, or even a main occupation that takes him to some remote part of the world with no internet(Antartica ??).
    I feel sorry for those that have a commercial interest in BD being successful but at this point even if V11 is released tomorrow and some emails answered, what happens a few months latter. There have been so many promises of reform but things have not changed. Personally I would not now start a new project in BD unless a very honest and believable answer for events over the last couple of years was provided.
    I have been spending my time with "Sailforms Pro" an Android app that works on smart phones and tablets. Suggest readers check new version 2 out next month as it is promised to be a big step forward. Also the developer is very active on forum (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ca...sers/need-help).
    Also not tested yet but My Visual Database has just released an alpha with MYSQL support (should allow multiple users now).
    Regards
    David