Meet the Brand-New Devart ODBC Driver fo SQL Azure v1.0
Devart, Czech software vendor, released a brand-new product – ODBC Driver for SQL Azure, v1.0. It is a connectivity solution for ODBC-based applications to access SQL Azure databases from Windows, Linux, MacOS, both 32-bit and 64-bit. With a full support for standard ODBC API functions and data types implemented in the driver aims to simplify and accelerate interaction of database applications with SQL Azure.
The list of product's key features include:
- Direct Mode. It provides an ability to connect to databases directly via TCP/IP avoiding DB client software, thus simplifying application deployment process and increasing performance
- Full support of standard ODBC API functions and data types, multiple server data types and features
- Advanced connection string parameters provided to allow any desktop and web applications to access databases from various environments and platforms, that support ODBC.
- Full Unicode support provides capacity to interpret Unicode function calls without the intervention of the Driver Manager
- Advanced data conversion from DBMS data types to native ODBC data types
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms provides capabilities to develop both 32-bit and 64-bit cross-platform database applications