Cool Unanswered: DB2 Configuration Assitant(CA)

Hello Everyone,

I can't find the IBM DB2 Configuration Assistant(CA).
    On the IBM site they say that it is part of the "IBM data server client" but i haven't found it.

I'm trying to connect to a remote database from my cliente pc.

Thanks for your precious help.

Provided Answers: 11
    as you don't specify the db2 level you have installed ....
    it used to be shipped with the full client (with gui tools)
    in lastest version it indicates : The client configuration assistant tool is replaced with the IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Configuration Manager tool.
    see infocenter and try to find all info you need (it is for free and open to public)
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    as you don't specify the db2 level you have installed ....
    it used to be shipped with the full client (with gui tools)
    in lastest version it indicates : The client configuration assistant tool is replaced with the IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Configuration Manager tool.
    see infocenter and try to find all info you need (it is for free and open to public)
    I'm using DB2 express c and i have installed "Ibm data server client V10.5" on my client pc.
    I didn't find the InfoSphere Optim Configuration manager tool on Ibm site. Is that a free version to download?

Provided Answers: 18
    Very few facts in your post, despite pryztula_guy asking you.
    When you ask for help, always give the relevant facts : missing DB2-express-C version+fixpack (get from db2level command), missing Operating-system-name+version details(or distro-name+version if Linux).
    Look for an executable program db2ca* on your file system(s) - that is a GUI client configuration tool for people who don't know how to use a command-line. However, you don't absolutely need a GUI, with a bit of study of the docs you can configure the DB2-client using the command-line. Look in the documentation for details.
    References to IBM Optim toolsets are only valid if you have purchased and installed those products.

Provided Answers: 6
    Suggest you try using Data Studio
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg24037681
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "