Unanswered: Conditional subtraction between forms

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase John.

Kind regards
    James.
    Great works from you.

Please i need help on how to Subtract a field's value in a form from another field value in a different form based on a rule that if both forms each have a field that has a common value, then the subtraction holds. e.g

if in form "A", there are two fields namely [label] having a value of DER45, and a field called [Figures] having a value of 5600. And if in form "B", there are also two fields namely [label] having a value of DER45, and a field called [Figures] having a value of 4500.

what i want to achieve is to say, because both forms have a common value for their [Label] fields, then subtract the value of [Figures] in form "B" from [Figures] in form "A". I will be grateful if promptly replied. Thanks a lot.

assistance on fields on two forms

Would I be right in saying......

….You will have a bunch of records, each record will contain one GPS location, and you want one HTML page to display Google Maps, and the GPS locations of everyone on your records as markers?

I just need to get it right in my head first before I see what's involved in coding that.

Regards
    James
    Great works from you.

Please i need help on how to Subtract a field's value in a form from another field value in a different form based on a rule that if both forms each have a field that has a common value, then the subtraction holds. e.g

if in form "A", there are two fields namely [label] having a value of DER45, and a field called [Figures] having a value of 5600. And if in form "B", there are also two fields namely [label] having a value of DER45, and a field called [Figures] having a value of 4500.

what i want to achieve is to say, because both forms have a common value for their [Label] fields, then subtract the value of [Figures] in form "B" from [Figures] in form "A". I will be grateful if promptly replied. Thanks a lot.

Provided Answers: 17
    See attached.

If you go to folder “Form B” and enter a value, it will find a matching record in folder “Form A” and subtract the value you entered from the matching record found in folder “Form A”.

Regards
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile The File for the question on Conditional difference between 2 forms

See attached.

If you go to folder “Form B” and enter a value, it will find a matching record in folder “Form A” and subtract the value you entered from the matching record found in folder “Form A”.

Regards
    James
    Thanks a lot for your cherished response. I still want the solution in this Template. The Logic is in this Template . So, please download and help me with the way to go about it.

Glif Anim

Conditional difference between 2 forms.zip

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Most of the code I've written will stay the same. All you need to do is rather than popular the field I was populating, you need to use a second variable and take it's value away from the first and direct the result to the third field you created.

Sorry I don't have the time to write this for you. If you can hang on until the weekend, I maybe able to help then. My workload has gone crazy the last few days and I've a long week ahead.

Regards
    James

Thumbs up Enquiry on Brilliant database 10.5

Hello.
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Most of the code I've written will stay the same. All you need to do is rather than popular the field I was populating, you need to use a second variable and take it's value away from the first and direct the result to the third field you created.

Sorry I don't have the time to write this for you. If you can hang on until the weekend, I maybe able to help then. My workload has gone crazy the last few days and I've a long week ahead.

Regards
    James
    Dear James,
    I'm so grateful for the great help you've given. Thanks a lot for sharing your time with me.
    Best of Regards
    Glif