Hello all,

I monitor several servers that are running Sybase ASE 15.7 (EBF 23821 SMP SP132 ) and recently migrated (dump / load) some databases to them from an ASE 15_0_3 installation.
Everything worked fine for 2-3 weeks until today when I received 19:55:26 [SELECT - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] [Error Code: 11060, SQL State: S1000] This statement has exceeded the maximum number of recompilations (10). This indicates an internal error. Please note the error prior to this one and contact Sybase Technical Support.

The interesting fact is that receive this when trying to select from a view (select <col1>, ... <col n> from MyView where <constrant1> and <constraint2> ). The view is performing a select on 8 joined tables. If I try to directly run the underlying select ( along with the <constrant 1> and <constraint 2> ) it all works fine, but when I try to perform the select on the view it throws this error.

I have managed to solve this by manually dropping and re-creating the view, but this was a reactive action that solved the issue, I still don't know what caused it and how to prevent it from happening again.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sorin