Answered: Admin_move_table + udf

Hi all,
    is it possible to use the SYSPROC.ADMIN_MOVE_TABLE stored proc. to move a table, for which out there exist UDFs that use this table?
    It seems not, because when I try it, I keep getting errors like this:
    SQL0478N The statement failed because one or more dependencies exist on the
    target object. Target object type: "VIEW or SUMMARY TABLE". Name of an object
    that is dependent on the target object: "DB2ADMIN.SQL130711134334200". Type of
    object that is dependent on the target object: "FUNCTION". SQLSTATE=42893
    For this particular table move, I used the option of creating the Target table first (without any dependencies!) and then moving the Souce table with AMT to the existing Target.
    I tried dropping the mentioned object(s) (on the Source table) and reexecuting the AMT proc., only to find that now some other UDF stands in the way...
    There are also FK relationships involving this table, but I haven't noticed any problems with those, sofar... I read somewhere that FKs will not be moved to the Target table though, but need to be recreated by hand.
    Any ideas on the UDF issue?

Kind regards, Damir

2. Best Answer
    Posted by przytula_guy

"db2 version and platform ?
    the doc does not state anything for udf and amt procedure
    maybe this : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21640199"

Provided Answers: 11
    db2 version and platform ?
    the doc does not state anything for udf and amt procedure
    maybe this : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21640199
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 6
    suggest you raise a question to IBM via a service request
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "

Sorry, I forgot to mention these in the haste: DB2 V10.5 running on AIX 6.1
    Changing the AUTO_REVAL parameter to DEFERRED solved the problem - thank you Guy for pointing me in the right direction!
    (and thank you all for answering!)

Kind regards, Damir