Unanswered: load with SOURCEUSEREXIT on a remote server

Hi all,
    I'm using DB2 10.5 EE.
    I have db2client on a machine and a remote DB2 Server (both Linux).
    I need to run from the client a load with SOURCEUSEREXIT option so that the load utility can execute a customized script server side.
    So I need the user exit to be put in a specific path server side, but cannot leverage ssh or any other login service but just the db2 client.

Is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks a lot for any reply

Provided Answers: 6
    Invoking your user exit

The user exit must reside in the bin subdirectory of the DB2ฎ installation directory (often known as sqllib).
    Given that the directory is linked to the install bin directory and will be owned by bin/bin I can't see you doing that from the client. You would have to ship the file to someone with appropriate access to the directory on the server
    Andy

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use hammer.” — IBM maintenance manual, 1975 "

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi,

You don't need ssh for that.
    SOURCEUSEREXIT REDIRECT INPUT FROM FILE my_client_side_file
    allows you to pass the contents of your client side file directly into the STDIN of your user exit.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.b View Post
    Hi,

You don't need ssh for that.
    SOURCEUSEREXIT REDIRECT INPUT FROM FILE my_client_side_file
    allows you to pass the contents of your client side file directly into the STDIN of your user exit.
    Mark,
    thanks for your reply.
    I see that REDIRECT INPUT FROM FILE option allows to pass client data as input to the user exit, but I guess the user exit must still reside server side, so I still have the issue to move it remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by tafster View Post
    You would have to ship the file to someone with appropriate access to the directory on the server
    Thanks Andy.
    Unfortunately I don't have the possibility to ship this file remotely.
    I though to the userexit because I need to move large amount of data from tableA to tableB on the same remote database, but before writing to tableB I need to perform some operations on those data.
    So in short what I need to do on a remote db is:
    1. select data from tableA
    2. perform operations on data
    3. insert modified data on table B

If it's not possible to achieve this with the load with userexit because I cannot move files remotely, is there another efficient way to achieve this using db2 tools?

Provided Answers: 55
    Yes, you have to place your user exit into the ~${DB2INSTANCE}/sqllib/bin directory.

BTW, try to look at the ingest utility instead.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.b View Post
    BTW, try to look at the ingest utility instead.
    Unfortunately ingest doesn't support LOBs