Answered: Error while performing load client from host to remote server

Hello All,

Has anyone used load client command for loading data from aix box to windows/aix/linux ?

In my current project we have tables that have few clob columns. We first load the staging tables in host systems(dev systems) from CSV files that have clob data, do

some testing and then export these tables in del/CSV files and load these files to remote tables from host server to remote server. Here i am able to load the remote

table using the exported data files that does not have clobs. But if i try to load clob columns, i get error. Steps followed by me:

db2 "load client from /absolute path/filename.del of del messages msg.out insert into tablename(col, col2, col3 .... ) nonrecoverable" --- works fine, aix1 to aix2

db2 "load client from /absolute path/filename.del of del lobs from /absolute path/ messages msg.out insert into tablename(col, col2, col3 .... ) nonrecoverable" ----

throws error, from aix1 to aix2

db2 "load client from /absolute path/filename.del of del lobs from '/absolute path/' messages msg.out insert into tablename(col, col2, col3 .... ) nonrecoverable" ----

throws error, from aix1 to aix2

db2 "load from /absolute path/filename.del of del lobs from /absolute path/ messages msg.out insert into tablename(col, col2, col3 .... ) nonrecoverable" -- works

fine, same host(aix1 to aix1)

db2 "load from C:\absolute path.del of del lobs from C:\absolute path messages msg.out insert into tabname(col, col2, col3 .... ) nonrecoverable" -- works fine, tried

from aix to windows by copying files to windows server.(windows db cataloged on aix)

db2 "load client from /absolute path/filename.del of del lobs from /absolute path/ path messages msg.out insert into tabname(col, col2, col3 .... ) nonrecoverable" --

gives error, tried from aix to windows(files present on aix)

db2 "load client from /absolute path/filename.del of del messages msg.out insert into tabname(col, col2, col3 .... ) nonrecoverable" -- works fine, from aix to

windows(files present on aix)

Some Info:

Tried on aix to aix box and aix to windows box.

AIX version 7.1
    Windows server 2012 64 bit.

db2 s/w info 10.5.5 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition

When i am loading data from aix to windows i get error as "file parameters not specified correctly" (but the same works without lob file). I have given full access to

the del and lob file.

When tried from aix1 to aix2 i get SQL3229W with reason code 1.

db2 ? SQL3229W and the reason is

1 The file named in the row and column cannot be found.

One of msg file(after load fail from aix1 to aix2) has the data shown below(i ve pasted only 1 column).

"0001JFS",,"agent_exp.csv.001.lob.0.832/","agent_exp.csv.001.lob.832.864/","agent_exp.csv.001.lob.1696.832/","agent_exp.csv.001.lob.2528.944/","agent_exp.csv.001.lob.3

472.880/","agent_exp.csv.001.lob.4352.784/","agent_exp.csv.001.lob.5136.768/","agent_exp.csv.001.lob.5904.928/","agent_exp.csv.001.lob.6832.880/","agent_exp.csv.001.lo

b.7712.656/"

where agent_exp.csv.001.lob is a lob file name and same is present in absolute path.

Again let me clarify that both the files i.e del file and lob file are present in the same path and in command i am using the same path as absolute path. I have tried

it for 15-20 times by giving different parameters but it does not work. Can someone help?

2. Best Answer
    Posted by mark.b

"Hello,

Load overview

The options you can specify include:
    • That the data to be loaded resides on the client, if the load utility is invoked from a remotely connected client. Note that XML and LOB data are always read from the server, even you specify the CLIENT option.

So, if you want to load data from a client, you have to place your lobs to some directory on the server and specify namely this server's directory in your lobs from clause.
    CSV file without lobs must be in the client's file system."

Provided Answers: 55
    Hello,

Load overview

The options you can specify include:
    • That the data to be loaded resides on the client, if the load utility is invoked from a remotely connected client. Note that XML and LOB data are always read from the server, even you specify the CLIENT option.

So, if you want to load data from a client, you have to place your lobs to some directory on the server and specify namely this server's directory in your lobs from clause.
    CSV file without lobs must be in the client's file system.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Thank you Mark.

Hello Mark,

We have a csv file that contains some records. The data type is varchar, int, char and clobs, Everything in one file. In such cases i do not find load client command useful. In this case i loaded the table with the file provided(only 5 rows for test purpose) and then exported the table data(separated the lobs and regular data) and copied only lob file to target server with the regular data file on source. Then performed load and it worked. The reason i said its not useful is everytime you need to separate the regular and lobs data. And then you have to copy the lob file in target server. Anyways thanks for your help.

db2 "load client from <absolute path of file on source server>.del of del lobs from <absolute path of lobs file on the target server> messages msg.out insert into tabname nonrecoverable" ---- worked fine.

Once again thank you Mark