Unanswered: Why when PDF file opens it won't stay on top

I have a hyperlink field on a form that when clicked opens the PDF file that is in the text field.

The PDF file opens for display just fine but doesn't stay on top. The Access form stays on top. Can this be resolved so the PDF stays visible and not behind the Access form?

Here is the onclick code:

Private Sub txtFileName_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_txtFileName_Click

Application.FollowHyperlink Me.txtFileName

Exit Sub

MsgBox "Error Number: " & Err.Number & vbCrLf & "Error Description: " & Err.Description & vbCrLf & "Error Source: " & Err.Source
    Resume Exit_txtFileName_Click

End Sub

Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    I cannot reproduce your problem...even with the Form set as Popup the PDF opens on top. Only thing I can offer is to delete and recreate the Hyperlink's Control on the Form. Although we usually think of Forms or entire Databases when we speak of corruption, individual Controls, such as Textboxes, can and do become corrupted. The test and the fix are one and the same, as I just suggested; deleting the Control then re-creating it! If it was corrupt, you've verified the fact and solved the problem! If not, you've only lost a minute or two!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I'm using Access 2013 and if the Form is set as Popup-Yes it does force the form on top, so maybe it's the version? I had this issue too and it drove me nuts for a bit.
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by MyDianne; 01-05-16 at 13:01. Reason: typo