Unanswered: Restore a point between two full backups

I make two full backups on Oct 1 and Oct 10. I want to restore the server to a state in Oct 5. So I just do as follows:

1. Perform a transaction log backup on the server on Oct 23. I have never backup transaction log in the past.
    2. Restore the server with Oct 1 full backup with NORECOVERY option.
    3. Try to restore to the point at Oct 5 12:00, with the transaction log.

But the restore fails and SQL Server said the transaction log does not contain the point. The point is too early. Why? Also my .LDF file is about 13G, but the transaction log backup is only 200MB. Why?

on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6
    I think this has to do with the fact that your transaction log is older than your last full backup if I remember correctly.

Yep. I looked it up...

Correct restore order:  The immediately previous full database backup or differential database backup must be restored first. Then, all transaction logs that are created after that full or differential database backup must be restored in chronological order. If a transaction log backup in this log chain is lost or damaged, you can restore only transaction logs before the missing transaction log.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.