Answered: Cannot upload DBF files to JIRA on Windows

Hello!
    I get the following error text: Unknown Server Error (500).
    The following appears in the atlassian-jira.log:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error parsing media type 'application/DBF Viewer 2000'

2. Best Answer
    Posted by vivarcierra

"This is caused by incorrect MIME handling by Windows when 'DBF Viewer 2000' is installed. The 'DBF Viewer 2000' program associates the .DBF file extension with 'application/DBF Viewer 2000' instead of 'application/octet-stream'. Remove 'DBF Viewer 2000' from the affected system. If you are still experiencing the issue I can suggest you online service https://onlinefilerepair.com/en/dbf-repair-online.html"

Provided Answers: 1
    This is caused by incorrect MIME handling by Windows when 'DBF Viewer 2000' is installed. The 'DBF Viewer 2000' program associates the .DBF file extension with 'application/DBF Viewer 2000' instead of 'application/octet-stream'. Remove 'DBF Viewer 2000' from the affected system. If you are still experiencing the issue I can suggest you online service https://onlinefilerepair.com/en/dbf-repair-online.html

Provided Answers: 1
    I'll begin by saying that I know nothing about JIRA.

Regardless, if this is a one-time effort, then I'd recommend that you convert the DBF data table contents into a different format before attempting to import it.

There are a number of ways to convert a DBF file into something different.

1. You can use a 3rd party tool to convert it to a CSV file - do a Google search for dbftocsv
    2. If you have a copy of Excel 2000 or 2003, you can Open a DBF file into it (later versions of Excel will not work). Once it is open in Excel you can do a SaveAs... into another format such as CSV

However if this needs to be an on-going effort (more than one-time) then you want to use ODBC to access data from the DBF file.

Good Luck